Bir Billing in Kangra District of Himachal Pradesh makes a perfect destinations for natural beauty and Paragliding, Trekking, Camping and many of Bir Billing in Kangra District of Himachal Pradesh makes a perfect destinations for natural beauty and Paragliding, Trekking, Camping and many of Adventures activities. Bir and Billing are two places, Bir is a village at 1300 mtr in sea level and Billing a valley 14kms north side of Bir. Geologically Bir is situated in the Bir Billing Valley, Dhauladhar range of the foothills of the Indian Himalayas.
Bir is located at the tehsil of Baijnath, district of Kangra and in Indian State of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated 67.4 kms(via NH154) southeast of Dharmashala at a distance of 2H 30 Min by road. It is 14kms south of Billing Take Off Point, which lies on the way to the Rajgundha Valley and Thamsar pass leading to Bara Bhangal. Bir is also home to a Tibetan Refuges settlement with several Buddhist Monasteries and large Stupa.
Billing a valley 14 kms north side of Bir(known as the Bir Billing area) is foumes internationally for its world class facilities for Adventure Sports such as Hang-Gliding,Paragliding, Trekking, camping, Sky cycling, Zip line etc. Bir Billing has the worlds second best and safest Paragliding Launch site in World(after Lake Como, Itly), and best place for
paragliding in India. Every Year many of Professional Poilet comes at Bir to enjoy the infrasturcture the Himachal Pradesh Tourism ministry has put in place. Lessons and stanning view of the Dhaladhar range of the Himalayas makes for a perfect Launch Site for Bir Billing.
How to reach Bir:
- The Nearest Airport at Bir is Gaggal in district Kangra, Himachal Pradesh.
- It is situated 67.2kms (via NH154)for Gaggal Airport to Bir and during 2h 4min for travlling.
- Bir is 67.4 kms from Dharmshala, 180kms from Manali, 200kms from Shimla, 280kms from Chandigrah, 500kms from Delhi and its connected through Goverment HRTC Velvo and privite Velvo Bus services.
- HRTC and Private Velvo Bus also available direct Bir to Delhi.
- The Nearest Railway Sation is Ahju, on the narrow gauge line running between Pathankot to Joginder Nagar via Kangra. The Nearest Railway Sation is Ahju, on the narrow gauge line running between Pathankot to Joginder Nagar via Kangra. Road access to Bir is From Bir Road turnoff(sing posted) on NH154,approximataly midway between Joginder Nagar and Baijnath.